From the desk of a watch obsessed guy's wife

Hello everyone. As you have read from the previous post, my husband has a liking for watches. Maybe a slight obsession. Possibly. We can't confirm anything, but evidence shows approximately 15 or so watches in a wooden watch box staring back through the plexiglass. I never thought that I would know such a plethora of random watch specs, like intensity of lume or whether or not the watch is manual or automatic. Still learning. I always know my husband's latest watch muse. First he sees a particularly stunning watch that catches his eye on Reddit or he hears about a unique watch on one of his many watch podcasts (also never thought I would listen to a podcast strictly dedicated to the discussion of watches). Then at dinner, he talks about the attracting features on his wish list watch, such as precision of time keeping and durable qualities, such as water resistance and scratch proof-ness. After a few days, I notice a little box left at our door step. Hm, I wonder what it could be. After my husband arrives home from work, he giddily asks, "Did a package come for me?" Ah I should have known. Another watch! This chain of events happens quite often because as we all know, my husband is obsessed. 

Being a wife of a watch addict has its perks. For anniversaries and birthdays, he has surprised me with a few watches, namely a Citizen and an Apple watch. But it also has its downfalls. Such as him waking me up at 0100 to admire the stunning lume or watch the date change at 0000. The true thrill of these activities only a watch fiend would appreciate. But as my husband always says regarding his obsessions, "At least its not drugs!"

Comments

Popular Posts